OLD SCOUT AMERICAN WHISKEY
Old Scout American Whiskey is a union of two whiskies distilled from classic bourbon mash bills. One is aged in new oak barrels and the other matures in rejuvenated, re-charred bourbon casks. While this unique aging excuses the marriage from being called bourbon, it shares all of the character and drinkability you would expect from a whiskey on the brink of being one.
Like the other Old Scout whiskeys, it is blended in limited, hand selected batches and without chill filtration.
- Mashbill: A blend of 9+ YO 36% rye bourbon (same mash bill as Old Scout Single Barrel) and 5+ YO whiskey distilled from a bourbon mash from TN, aged in re-charred “rejuvenated barrels”.
- Distillation Process: Continuous column distillation
- Aging: 5 and 9+ YO spirit
- Source of grains: Grains from a variety of sources.
- Annual Production: Est. 120,000 bottles annually.
- Tasting Notes: Sweet, baking spice, cake icing, toasted graham cracker on the nose. Toasted wood and creamy corn, a hint of mint, and front of the mouth flavor on the palate.
- 99 Proof: Case Pack 6/750mL, UPC: 854570002304
- Awards: Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2017 winner: 86 points
- 107 Proof: Case Pack 6/750mL, UPC: 854570002311
- Awards: Ultimate Spirits Challenge 2018 winner: 91 points