Smooth Ambler Superbowl Sunday02-01-2014
Bourbon Glazed Wings:
You have chips, dip, booze, cocktail fixings, great football (hopefully), a sub-par halftime show, and some entertaining people around you to share it with. What could possibly be missing??
Bourbon glazed wings people!!! We found this awesome recipe on AllRecipes.com by a guy named Steve. He uses whiskey and hot sauce together so he sounds like the kind of guy we’d want to spend Superbowl Sunday with; actually, most Sundays with. Here is his recipe (with Smooth Ambler adjustment of course).
- 1/4 cup Smooth Ambler Old Scout Bourbon Whiskey or Yearling Bourbon
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 tbl white vinegar
- 1 tbl hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbl honey
- 2 tbl butter
- Stir bourbon, brown sugar, ketchup, white vinegar, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, hone and butter together in a heavy saucepan over medium heat, whisking occasionally, until mixture begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to low and cook at a gentle simmer, whisking occasionally, until sauce thickens, nearly to the consistency of maple syrup or molasses, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from heat, allow to cool.
- Toss fried or baked wings in sauce
- Serve & Enjoy!