Controller & Business Manager02-11-2017
– Pernod Ricard USA
– US-West Virginia
– Feb 11, 2017
Position Title: Controller & Business Manager – Smooth Ambler Spirits (SAS)
Location: Maxwelton, WV
1) Position Summary:
Position has full responsibility for all accounting of Smooth Ambler Spirits (SAS) operations, monthly reporting, quarterly board reviews, semi-annual consolidation reporting to parent company, Annual Budget submission, Accounts Payable and T&E processes. Position is to be local authority on US accounting standards and is to ensure records are in compliance with these standards. Position will also include assistance with managing daily activities and general coordination with PRUSA for HR, Legal, and IT support.
2) Major Responsibilities / Accountabilities:
1. Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of all SAS accounting records. Ensure accounts conform to US accounting standards. Maintain ledgers. Full responsibility for financial statements including reporting, budgeting and forecasting.
2. Prepare monthly accounts, quarterly board packages, bi-annual statutory reporting package submission ensuring compliance with US accounting standards, and Annual Budget. Help manage semi-annual and interim external audits. Manage coordination with external accounting firm.
3. Serve as liaison between PRUSA back office support and Smooth Ambler, particularly in the areas of Human Resources, Legal, and IT and managing daily activities related to meeting company financial goals.
4. Manage Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable as well as Travel and Entertainment reimbursement processes ensuring timely payment with maximized cash flow.
5. Adhoc special projects and analysis including process improvements.
3) Nature & Scope:
Position will interface with other Finance functions in providing accurate and timely data. Cost accounting. Assist with whiskey barrel modeling. Interaction with parent company’s Statutory Consolidation department. Represent the company’s position with outside auditors and authorities. Handle confidential information.
4) Key Competencies:
a. Education: CPA preferred, Accounting background necessary
b. Experience / Background: 8+ years of experience. Strong cost accounting experience necessary. Exposure to US Accounting standards necessary.
c. Required Skills/Competencies: Resourcefulness. Dedication to timeliness and deadlines. Good analytical skills to understand business information behind the accounting data. Innovative thinking to implement most critical accounting and tax policies and practices while maximizing company profitability. Hard-nosed to challenge and defend financial data internally. Strong interpersonal skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels both inside and outside the organization.
Travel: 10% of time.